A crane is a giant machine which is mostly connected by heavier chains so that they can lift up and lower down the large equipments at the time of construction. For many centuries, the heavier products were shifted by men in order to build the towers or buildings. Afterwards crane appeared in the market which helped in shifting larger things with the help of strong ropes. Later stronger chains took the place of ropes and now they are helping in recent times. Now, there are many companies such as Elliott Cranes which are providing you the services of the cranes. The cranes do not have importance for only construction sites, they are also helpful in the case of accidents such as air crash and rail accidents where a huge load needs to be shifted.
Types of cranes
- Rough terrain- The boom of a rough terrain crane is mounted on an undercarriage which is designed to lift and carry the equipments.
- Floating- Floating cranes are basically used to build the bridges. Sometimes, they are even used for loading the weights onto the ships.
- Truck mounted cranes- Truck mounted cranes have the lifting capacity of approx 12 tons. They also have the ability to travel on highways.
- Rail Crane- Rail cranes are used for working on railway tracks. The normal crane is mounted on a flat car so that it can run on the railway tracks.
- Ariel Cranes- Ariel cranes are also known as sky cranes. They are mounted on a helicopter so that they can lift up the carriages from big heights where normal cranes cannot be used for lifting.
Interested in cranes? click here.